Please read the following in full before submitting your application. If you do not follow the instructions your application will not be considered – so if you go to the effort to fill in our forms, please do so properly.
If you are not applying for a particular property, please fill in our Rental Enquiry form online to be added to our database. The application form is only to be used if you are applying to rent a particular property. Your details will be added to our database and your application discarded if you are not applying to rent one of our available properties.
Make sure that you provide the following:
- A separate form for each person over 18 years old that will be living at the property (including but not limited to partners, spouses, adult children and flatmates).
- Photo ID with each application (preferably a New Zealand driver licence). Passports and 18+ cards are acceptable.
- Pet Application form for any pet(s), this can be downloaded here.
Step One – Filling in the application form
- The application form(s) must be completed in full. We do not process incomplete forms, so if you do not provide the required information your application will not proceed. If you are unsure about any of the questions, call or email us rather than leaving a blank space.
- Please provide full address details, including street number, street name, suburb and city.
- Where you provide names, please use full names.
- Ensure that you provide previous employment and rental history if where required.
Step Two – Submit your application form(s)
- Once you have filled in your application and submitted it to us, please also provide a copy of your photo ID. You can email a copy or photo of your ID to email@example.com, text a copy or photo of your ID to 027 688 6277, fax a copy to 03 684 4072, or bring it in to our office at 32 Church Street in Timaru.
- Make sure that each person over 18 years of age has submitted a separate application.
Step Three – Processing your application
- Once your application form(s) have been completed in full and with photo ID supplied, the property management team will begin processing the forms.
- This process can take up to five (5) working days depending on the availability of references and any other delays.
- Once all applications for the property have been processed, we will confirm with you whether or not your application has been successful. If it has been unsuccessful you will receive email confirmation of this.
Step Four – Successful application
- If your application is successful and you wish to proceed, you will be required to pay a holding fee of one week’s rent to Ray White Timaru. This can be paid directly into our bank account (12-3475-0004631-02), or can be paid in cash at our office. Please note that we do not have EFTPOS facilities.
- Once the holding fee is received, this will be considered your acceptance of our offer to rent you the property. Until the holding fee is received, we will continue to advertise the property for rent.
- When we have received the holding fee, we will arrange a time for all parties to the tenancy agreement to come in to the office and sign the tenancy documents. Please allow 30 minutes for this to provide enough time to go through the contract and cover any questions you have. If you do not sign the agreement, the fee is non-refundable.